Monday, October 14, 2013

I miss my Husband! *pic*

The girls were a month old on Saturday!!!

It kinda just hit me that Hubs and I have been sleeping in separate rooms for 3 weeks now. I moved to the guest room on the first Sunday before he went back to work. Even on the weekends we sleep alone because he keeps the girls with him so I can get uninterrupted sleep. We always hug, kiss and snuggle before heading off to our own quarters, but I'm starting to feel weird about it. I definitely don't want to shack back up just yet, but at the same time I miss laying next to him every night. Its actually probably been more than 3 weeks bc I just couldn't get comfortable the last few weeks of my pregnancy so I always ended up in the other room bc it was a lot cooler in there. I'm lucky he doesn't work super long hours, but he leaves fairly early and gets home after 5pm. By the time we do the family of 5 thing, get Ava to bed and have down time before the next feeding, it feels like our "alone time" is more like an "alone minute" which usually entails me hurrying through a 10min pump session, or him washing bottles before we sit down to watch football, walking dead or sleepy hollow! Maybe I'm just feeling a little sentimental because Weds Oct 16th is our 3 year Wedding Anniversary? I can't believe its been 3 years already married and 8 years together total! It only took me 2 years of stalking for him to realize he needed to be with me also lol

We spent our 1 Year Anniversary at the Double Tree where we had our reception. My friend Deanna hooked us up with a Penthouse. I was VERY pregnant at the time so they had Champagne for Hubs, Sparkling Wine for me, and a dessert plate all set up for us. We went out for a really nice dinner and came back to the Penthouse and enjoyed ourselves watching the Ohio State game and snuggling up. It was by far the perfect night for us! I don't even think we got to get it on... being big and pregnant wasn't going to stop me from getting my groove on, but the fact that I was stuffed from a delicious dinner & swollen probably sent me straight to food coma for the night

Our 2nd Year Anniversary I got to plan. We decided we would switch the plans every year... one year I plan, the next year he plans! So I planned a little weekend getaway to Horseshoe Bay Resort outside of Austin. Its a beautiful golf resort. I'm not much of a golfer (yet) but I setup a round of 18holes for us on the first day and then a spa day the next morning. We had such a great time golfing, its so beautiful out there. I even got some really great pics of Marc teeing off with two deer literally 5ft behind him. Unfortunately Hubs was on the verge of getting sick so despite me putting out an SOS to FB Land asking for help to get him better for our trip... he didn't make it 15mins into dinner. We had to box up his food, which ironically was the most amazing steak I had ever eaten and he couldn't even taste it. The poor guy had chills & a fever. We brought him some meds but that didn't work. So back to the hotel room we went... He passed out under the covers and I was left up & alone, drinking one of the two bottles of Champagne by myself! Thankfully his fever broke by morning and he was feeling 100x better so we were able to cash in on the Spa Day! AND... we didn't get it on this anniversary either... I had to have another d+c to try and remove the final pieces of Placenta left behind (placenta accrete with Ava's pregnancy) which, yes was almost a YEAR after her birth. So I had the procedure a few days before and was on Pelvic Rest.

So here we are... Weds is our 3rd Year Anniversary and Hubs turn to plan. I'm not going to lie. With everything we've gone through the past 6months he might of forgotten that he has to setup the show. I have faith in him, but its been a hectic month with the twins birth, his new position (he got a promotion and started the end of Sept!) & potentially moving into a new house at the end of this month, it might have gotten put behind the eight ball. I don't want or need elaborate Anniversary gifts, I just need a night alone with my husband, celebrating our love & life! So I might as well wrap up this "anniversary" paragraph with sex also... It looks like Wedding Anniversary #3 will also be a no Sexiversary as well... I won't be 6 weeks post partum until NEXT Thursday, but my appt is that Weds. So we can't... and so we wait...

I might forgo uninterrupted sleep one night this weekend in order to snuggle up next to him in bed. Ummmm... well... maybe... we'll see how I feel come Friday :) 

On our wedding day, 3years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment