Tuesday, May 28, 2013

7 days without my blog makes one weak

pro·cras·ti·nate  (pr-krst-nt, pr-)
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·ed, pro·cras·ti·nat·ing, pro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness
 
I should have probably mentioned that in my opening blog. I get something in my mind and most of the time I don't follow through. If I don't post it doesn't mean something bad happened or I'm sad, it just means I can be a tad lazy. So for those of you who were worried bc I didn't update last week, I'm sorry!!!
 
It's been a week since my last post. I was really nervous about my follow up appt last Wednesday. I think I'm a pretty optimistic, but also very realistic person. Even though I was thinking positive, I was also preparing for the worse case situation...
 
It was another looooooooong appt day. I really can't complain though bc not many pregnant women get to see their little baby (babies) via ultrasound as often as I do. They did the complete Anatomy Scan on each, so that took a really long time. It's so amazing what a Sonographer has to learn. Our tech was super nice and friendly and told us about everything she was looking for, why, what it look likes etc. It's funny when she's like... "this is the kidneys"... ummm... that looks just like the rest of the baby. Just black and white... how is that even distinguishable?! I looked closer and decided to call them Cheerios.
 
Baby A is on my right side and she was head down, completely vertical. Baby B has now moved a tad over more to my left side (thank goodness, I was a little right sided heavy!) and she was feet down and vertical. They are so cute! It was hard to get a good profile pic of Baby A (BA), bc like a typical sister, Baby B (BB) kept putting her little boney butt by her face! It was actually pretty funny. They look like they will be a handful already!
 
One thing that was alarming... or perhaps my paranoia is just getting the best of me. The tech spent A LOT of time getting pics of BA's heart. I said something and she responded that it was just hard to get a good pic of what she needed. BB's heart pics took all but 10 secs. I have a tendency to over-analyze almost everything. She then did an Internal u/s to get my cervical length... Holy Smokes it got longer?!?!?!? If I'm not mistaken it was 3.2, previously it was 2.2. There was still funneling, but how can the length grow?!?!? I was under the impression it couldn't get better, just stay the same. She measured it a few different times and took a lot of pics for the doc.

We went upstairs for the OB appt. I love their staff. My RN Carol is amazing. I feel like she is a caring friend other than a medical professional. Dr. K was on duty again this week. When you talk to him... you know he is a genius. He has that Albert Einstein look mixed with the awkwardness of all Zach Galifianakis characters. He was the one who saw me last week. He was absolutely stunned at the results, but of course happy as we were! We either think that the measurement was off last time, or relaxing helped take the pressure off, or it was all the prayers :) I think it was a big mix of all 3! I'm still on Modified Bed Rest and have weekly appts (tomorrow being the next one). We still hope the measurement wasn't a fluke and that things are looking great. If its another good appt, I'll be back to every 2 weeks and hopefully off the bed rest. Dr. K never mentioned anything about BA's heart and I was so excited about the Cervical Check that I forgot to ask. I'm sure if something was askew they would have said so.

The hardest part about all this is not being able to be a "mom" to Ava. It's hard to play and interact from a couch and its too hard for me to be on the floor for very long. I feel like a neglecting mom just sitting with my legs propped & curled in a blanket while she's nearby playing by herself. When she wants to play with me it breaks my heart. She wants me to chase her, pick her up and get all crazy like we normally do but I can't! My little Swiss has been an amazing help... in two weeks time she's really picked up on what I need help with. It makes it easier on me that Ava adores her!

Swiss ran out to meet a friend at Chipotle and we got Ava settled for lunch. When did she start hating PB&J? She is currently screaming at me asking for "lonch" even though she has a delicious sandwich right in front of her. She doesn't eat junk
0 so I'm not sure what she would like instead! I should probably just keep that on her tray, is it bad to give them what they want?!?!

We went to Pittsburgh Sun-Mon for the Holiday. Our friend's daughter celebrated her 1st Birthday! It was a great time. I was able to be a lot more help than I originally thought. I just sat down, propped my feet and wrapped presents, put decorations together and took pictures for her. It was the sweetest little birthday, perfect for a little girl! I'm so glad they are close to us, it felt like we went on a Mini Family Roadtrip! I felt great the whole time and got a lot of rest. Hubs has been an amazing help!

I do have Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) a lot through out the days. My OB said if they reach 4 an hour to call them. They haven't been that frequent, but enough to make me stop and take notice. That's another thing I never had with Ava. I didn't have any sort of contractions until I was in active labor!!!! This pregnancy is sooooo different, but I know it will be just as amazing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment