Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Little girls or little guys?! Pink tutus or Blue ties?!

Two days ago we had our Gender Reveal Party! It was a great day. Leading up to the big event, I was feeling a little down about it. Mainly a lot of different reasons. I'm so used to being the "line leader" especially when it comes to parties I'm hosting. A week before the party my high of expecting twins was deflated a bit with the news of their potential early arrival. I wasn't going to cancel the party, but it was hard to get in the spirit. Insert my amazing husband with the help of my caring family and it turned out to be a success. My hubs forced me to had over the reigns, even with white knuckles I obliged. He wanted lists, ideas, what to do's and how to do's and so he got it... I think he for once really got a feel of what its like to be me for a day. Minus the fabulous curly hair and pregnancy boobs.

I must admit... he did everything PERFECTLY! Either what I do isn't all that hard or he's just good at pretending it was a breeze. He woke up at 4am to start the pulled pork. I of course woke up at 5am to sneak down make sure he did it right. My mom decorated the house perfectly for two little babies and made her Famous Pasta Salad. My little Swiss (sister) made the crock pot mac n cheese and roasted red skins (while I read her the instructions). I think I finally realize that it's ok to let go of the control every now then. Other people are capable. I think I'm more worried of someone messing up and feeling bad, I'd rather it be me than my Hubs, or mom or Swiss.

Ava had a great time with all her little buddies and it was so nice to have people travel to visit us... two separate families traveled over 4 hours ROUNDTRIP just to come and help us celebrate for a couple hours. I think we're pretty blessed. We had an optional diaper raffle and got close to 600 diapers... my guess, that'll last us about 3 weeks, but its a great start! The "reveal" was a success although we tricked people at first, it wasn't our intention! We had a big box decorated and when we opened it, two blue balloons floated out and everyone went crazy... BOYS!!! But then, two more balloons were stuck at the bottom and so I helped them along... two PINK balloons, GIRLS!!! We taped their string to the bottom of the box so they didn't float away. The video of our family/friends reaction is priceless! We still can't believe our family of 5 will be made up of 4 girls, my poor Hubs!!!

I sat as much as possible, but its hard when people are inside and outside and moving around a bit. Not being an accommodating hostess was tough. It didn't hit me until that night how exhausted I was. I almost went to bed in my maxi dress and jewelry. I also think its time I get some bigger undies. The pair I had on seemed to disappear somewhere under my belly and my front and back cracks. It took me a minute to find them... for a second I thought I went commando, but that's not my style. Stepping in front of a mirror and A HA, there they are!!!

It's amazing that I'm only 19w 6d (pregnancy talk- we get real serious with weeks and days= 19 weeks and 6 days pregnant) and feel so strong for my babies. I'm a pray-er and do so at least every night on my last check on Ava before I go to bed. I pray for my many blessings, my family, my friends and the health and well being of the Tweebs. I know this is all part of God's plan and maybe this is a sign that I really need to take it easy and so today... I did! My Swiss watched Ava all day, we did grab a bite to eat at lunch and then I had a Prenatal Massage and Facial!

Tomorrow is my my first appointment since the news last week. I feel good overall, but I also felt great last week went I got the scary news. So now I'm just paranoid over every little thing I feel. Heaviness, Braxton Hicks, movements etc... I'm an optimistic person, but I am preparing myself to go to my appt and be told I'm going to be admitted to Hospital Bed Rest. So I might as well get some relaxation in now!!

I started with the Prenatal Massage, it was amazing. It took me a minute to relax because I kept thinking random thinks like... did I tell Brooke (Swiss) to cut up Ava's broccoli if she gives her more? If my water breaks should I wait until the massage is over to say something? Will this LMT care that my toe nails are chipped?! I should have really polished them before I left...

The Facial was another story... all in all it was ok. I'll give the girl a second chance but I'm in no hurry to that service with her again. I did get out of the Massage 10mins late. I'll take the blame... I didn't get to my appt until 5-10mins prior,unknowingly I had a college application to fill out about inch of my body. I changed into the robe and the size 6 women's sandals they left for me... giving my large feet a 2in overage where my toes and heels are. I also had to pee twice before I got into the Massage room and hence it started late. The Esthetician who did my Facial was really aggressive at the "switch". She didn't have her spa voice with her and I rushingly followed her to the room. With my heels scraping the floor as I went. I plopped down and she got to work... I'm not sure if she is an aggressive tech or was trying to make up for lost time, but it was not pretty at first. She was scrubbing my makeup less face so fast and furious that I was afraid my skin was ripping open. She did 3 steps in 90 seconds. At one point the exfoliant ran out of water or moisture or something and I was pretty sure my skin was going to be hanging off my bones when she was done. It's almost like she was playing with putty or kneading bread... my Putty Face or Bread Face!?!? I've never had this type of facial, EVER. Maybe she made up for lost time because she did slow down a little after that. I really wasn't impressed. My Esthetician I had while living in Texas was great and so gentle. This Tech was so rushed at first that I thought I needed to get up and pay and leave and rush home and poop and take my mom's dog for a run or something. Definitely different than the feel of the Massage.

Like I mentioned... tomorrow is the big day. Praying for no change!!!! I really don't want to be on Strict Bed Rest or Hospital Bed Rest. I'm hoping I took it easy enough to avoid those. The appt is early, 7:30am... I prefer to be the first! The ultrasounds are always my favorite part and I can't wait to see our two beautiful little girls again!

Lets all hope tomorrow's update is a positive one!

Mama




Two more girls for Hubs & I!!!!! <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment