Wednesday, June 26, 2013

25weeks!

25w!!

Feeling happy today :) My Appointment was another late one at 11am. There were a lot of Emergencies in L&D so one U/S Tech got pulled away so that only left two for the day. When we got there, there were 3 ladies ahead of us. Out of the 4 of us expecting mom's two were a tad odd. Talking about baby things that didn't make sense. That they were mad they were waiting this long "just to look at the babies spine again" or that "my baby's daddy was a twin and if I was having twins then I would shoot myself". I can understand some people say these things half joking, but these women were pretty serious. Either that or they've mastered the poker face. I've never once taken for granted a Doctor's appointment, especially if something could be wrong with you or your child(ren). Sure we all hate waiting and I can think of one time in particular when I was pregnant with Ava I had to wait awhile and complained on Social Media... then not too soon after that I was the one that caused the Doc's to be held up bc of Complications. So now, no complaining. Chances are, the doctors aren't rubbing each other's feet with the blood pressure cuff so cut them some slack. Besides most people are late to their own appointments!

I got "V" again this week! That's 4 times now. By the time we got called back it was 12:30pm. She must not of had lunch yet because right before we started another tech came in to relieve her and she told her it was ok... she wanted to scan me and would go after. :) That really made me happy. We've got a bond going on and she always remembers my info.

The Babies are still rocking out! BA has decided she doesn't want to be Head down anymore for the first time in 6weeks and she was Breech- butt down. This actually made me scared. She's stubborn already. Why o Why, would she decide to flip around when there is a chance I can go into Labor? I see what type of child she'll be already ;)
Her heartbeat was 161bpm, she was moving so much that you could see her move on the screen and I could feel her at the same time. Such an amazing experience! BB was also breech this week. She flips around the most, so I'm not surprised, but it seem like the tweebs are sticking together like Sissies should! Her heartbeat was 148bpm, she was moving but not as much as her sister. Once again we couldn't get face shots :( There just isn't much room so its hard to get a good angle. We almost got a face shot of BB, but it was kind of creepy lol... You could see her eyeball and she was staring at us and we were like... "ummmm, maybe next week" hahah! Also BB's diaphragm was moving... YES! That means she was practicing breathing!! That's great news :)
The Fluid Levels, Heatbeats, Stomachs, & Bladders all looked great!

After the belly u/s, she did the trans vaginal. It's hard for me to see the screen when she does that u/s because she moves lower, but I put my arm up by my head to prop myself up. I could see I was still in the 1's with a large funnel and a baby butt in the background. She said she got 1.8cm first and then 1.9cm twice after that. So we're sticking with 1.9cm which is what we got last week. She paged Dr. K and he came in. He agreed with her Cervical Measurements. He wanted to scan the babies hearts himself. I wish I would have wrote down what he was looking for bc now I can't remember what it was called. Something about a heart valve can close with this medicine and you don't want that to happen until birth. They also look for some sort of "regurgitating" in the heart? Good news is that NEITHER of those were happening which is another bonus! This is the main side effect of Indomethican.

After the u/s Hubs wheeled me up to my appt. Carol is on vacay so another RN met with us, her name was Julie. She was really sweet too. I weighed in at 199 again!!! We were laughing so hard because she had it on 200lbs and it was slightly too light so I told her to please put it on the 150 and move the smaller arm and so she did... and she wrote down 199lbs in my chart! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! After doing the usual vitals- Perfect Blood Pressure, Oxygen Levels, also got 79 on last week's Glucose Test!!! She asked if she was missing anything that Carol does... I told her she usually rubs my feet until the doctor came in. She gave out a little snort and so did Marc. I think she enjoyed us!

Dr. G came in and was happy we didn't have a negative change. He said he was really worried about me last week, but was happy I was "looking stable". I have to stay on Strict Bed Rest. I told him I was getting headaches everyday and he said that is probably from the inactivity, so I can lift 1-2lb weights while sitting to get my blood pumping. You have NO idea how happy that made me feel! If I'm going stir crazy I'm also allowed to get in the car with Hubs to get some Starbucks or Ice Cream, but only 1 time a week. I think I'll make that a weekly date night for us! He also said I can sit outside in the sun a few times a week, but have to be laying and relaxed. I showed him my Heparin injections and he was impressed by the minimal bruising! We wrapped up the appointment with him telling me that at 28w they will stop the Indomethican and start me on Procordial (?!?!). This will require a hospital stay. They both do the same thing (relax the Uterus and help keep contractions at bay), but they are different drugs. The worry would be that since I've been on the Indo for 5w that my body could go into Labor once switched so they will want to keep me for monitoring.

Hubs & I grabbed a late lunch from Tim's Tavern (seafood!) and headed home. Today was a good day! 

Connect the dots... Heparin Injections


No comments:

Post a Comment