Friday, June 21, 2013

My favorite time of year...Summer!

24w 2d

I love the changing of the seasons... especially when its SUMMER! Summer is just so much fun. Everyone is out and about, visiting, making plans, cooking out, swimming. It's just a great time of year. Ironically, I'm inside looking out at the sun beaming against the windows. It's already making me feel stir crazy. I know this is only temporary, but I can't help but feel bad for myself today.

I did forget to mention that I weighed in Weds at 199.9lbs. I was so excited to hang on to the "100's" until Carol the RN, said... well I had to round it up lol! When I delivered Ava I believe I was at 209lbs. I was about 10lbs heavier to start this pregnancy than with Ava, and so far my weight gain has been pretty good. I feel good about that considering I'm not the healthiest eater and my idea of a well rounded meal is a Juicy Cheeseburger with Cheddar, Crispy Bacon, Lettuce, BBQ Sauce, Crunchy Fries and Ice Cream for dessert. Now that I'm on SBR (Strict Bed Rest) no more going out to eat... so I'll have to get back into meal planning and have Hubs start cooking!

Yesterday's Celestone (Steroid-Lung Shot) hurt like a B*tch. I'm not sure if its normal for the 2nd dose to be painful or if it was an Operator Error. This nurse had me do the same as the other, but I swear she jammed that needle in my ass shoved all the medication in at once. I flinched twice and my butt was burning... I haven't looked at it today, but it feels bruised!

Mentally, I feel like I'm in a better place today. These are the cards we were dealt and so we have to play the hand as it comes. I can't stress or dwell or worry... although I still do, I've been able to keep it at bay. I just have to let God take control and follow his lead.

My mom & Step-Dad left for Myrtle Beach today. They've had this trip planned to see my Brother, SIL and my 2 nephews and niece for quite some time. She wanted to cancel the trip after Weds news, but I assured her we would be ok. I can't ask someone to NOT go on Vacation... she deserves the trip and to visit my Brother and his family. She gave me a Patron necklace to wear and her Rosary. I could tell it was so hard for her to leave, but I will be ok. These babies aren't coming THAT early. Hubs is working from home still and starting tonight, we'll have people visiting us to help him out and to keep me occupied. I actually started a "schedule" of helpers for next week. Swiss will be back from College Orientation (she's a leader) and Hubs will be working from home, so between them and our friends/family... it should be a fun week! Not to mention, a couple people are bringing DINNER! I should probably tell them that ice cream should be a part of it... :)

I need to find some new hobbies... everything I like to do requires being active and generally outside. Especially during this weather. I can't imagine just doing what I've been doing the past two days for the next 8+ weeks or so... Of course I will do what's necessary, but I already know I might go crazy (crazier). If you start getting lots of texts from me, FB updates, phone calls, etc... just bare with me!

I think we are finally closer to our Names!!!! I'll post once it's official. I think I was having a hard time dealing with all of this and I didn't want to really name the babies. I was afraid if we named them, then something would happen. They are our children... whether they are born healthy or not. We conceived them out of love & hope and they deserve to be treated as such! Every night before bed, I tell Beebs to say goodnight to her Sisters. She comes right over to me, lifts up my shirt and kisses my belly twice. She tells them night night and after a few more kisses and lifting my shirt she goes up to bed. At 19m, I feel like she kinda knows something is going on... I never thought at this age she could, but she takes it easy on me. She doesn't freak out if I can't pick her up and she has been really gentle around me lately. I swear she knows!

I may start posting everyday... or maybe every couple days... who knows. I love this blog. It's my outlet for sure. I know when friends/family text me, I play it off and don't get into many details, but that's just because I want to think positive. I put it all out on here. I want to have it out, but not continue to rehash my situation.

The Heparin shots are going well! The first dose I had to give myself was tough... I was shaking SO BAD, but since Weds night I'm a pro. So far no bruising, but you can see little "blood dots" where the needle insertion was. I didn't sleep well last night and woke up at 7:30am today. Blah. I know this will all take some getting used to and I need to establish some sort of routine to keep myself in check.... and someone needs to come paint my nails and I need Hubs to go get me some "Jergens Natural Glow" lotion so I don't lose my slight tan and feel like a Hermit!

Hope you're all enjoying your first day of Summer!!!!!!!

xoxo Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to come visit you & I will bring my scrapbook stuff. While I was on br with the twins I worked on my pregnancy scrapbook bc I knew I wouldn't have time after the twins came. Also if you want to make anything for Ava or the baby girls, let me know bc I have tons of crafty stuff. And of course if you want me to paint ur toenails I can do that too ;).

    ReplyDelete