Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's all starting to set in...

25w 4d!!

I'm so excited we are fast approaching 26weeks!! It's also crazy to think that at 19w we got the news of the shortening cervix w/Funnel and then at 24w that things got a lot worse with my length & funnel size... but here we are. Still chugging along! We're getting into a really good place for the babies health. As much as SBR sucks, its helping. I've had my doubts of course and my body is definitely changing, but I'll do what I need to keep these babies cooking!

We had a great week last week. Despite my mom being outta town for Vacation (I had to assure her she should go- we'd be fine!). A lot of our friends and family came by, brought dinner and some people even took Beebs out of the house for something else to do. I really need to find a way to thank my Swiss. She has become quite the mother to Beebs & me. A huge part of me feels guilty that her summer break fresh off her Freshman year of College has been taking care of Beebs (1st) & then me. Most girls her age are going swimming everyday, shopping, working summer jobs & having lots of money and hanging out with their friends. Not to mention parties every night. She's declined a couple parties bc she "had to get up early" the next day to help me. You have no idea how much that means to me! I've had to encourage her to leave the house a few times, especially when someone else is here. Then just like a mom she says "well you need to text me when you get in the shower and when you get out and when you go take a nap". Hahah! Yes mom! I take 5 types of medicine a day, which equates to 9 pills and 2 injections through out the day. When my alarm goes off on my phone, she knows exactly what pill to give me. If I'm asleep she brings the medicine over to me so I can take it and go right back to my dreams. I love her beyond words and this just shows the selfless person she is. <3

Hubs is going to the store today... We haven't been able to find the Schick Quatro Bikini Trimmer I use in any stores. Let me tell you... I NEED THAT! I can't even see my Hotbox nor can my Hubs & I even have ANY type of relations down there, but I still need to keep my act together! I tried shaving with a razor... I thought, I've been shaving this little valley for a lot of my life, I should have it down pact. Not so much. When I looked in the mirror- after I "lifted" up my belly a little it was clear that I had a bad case of shaky hand syndrome. I looked like I tried to etch the 80's hairstyle "steps" into my vag. Turrible (In my Charles Barkley voice). Not to mention I completely forgot to shave one side of my bikini area. Who does that? Plus the length was still long and I just looked pathetic... fingers crossed he finds that damn Electric Razor today!

Speaking of Hubs... It's been almost 7w since all this came about. I've been on strict pelvic rest since then. I know some of you probably wonder why its even a thought on my mind, but its actually ALL I think about! Of course relationships aren't all about getting it on, but it's a healthy part of every great relationship. I truly believe in keeping the flame alive! Trying to find ways to stay connected in that arena without being intimate is really hard... so we try to make up for it in other little ways. Sending cute emails/texts back and forth, just because... and not just "pick up toilet paper after work". Messages like... "remember when we first started dating and I came to visit you in Branson.." blah blah blah.. you get the point. Even though I'm the one going through the "physical" stress of this, he's still a partner of my stress on top of any emotional stress he's carrying with this. It's not just all about the wives... the husbands have a lot on their plates too. He now has the burden to do extra well at his job with an immobile wife and 20month old at home and two more on the way. That's a lot to take on considering just a year ago there were only 3 of us to worry about... we were both working GREAT jobs, not a care in the world and now things have changed drastically. Of course we're in a great situation being at my mom's so we have to count the blessings more than the short comings. Everything always works itself out... I can just imagine how such a prideful man like my Husband, is probably stressing a little, although he would never show it or burden me with it.

Last week the doc told me I could sit outside a couple times a week... it was only nice one day last week, so I haven't cashed that check in yet. It's almost like getting a Starbucks gift card and you know there is $10 left on it... you wonder, should I use it today, I would really like coffee, but I don't NEED the coffee... maybe I should save it. So today its nice out... and I think  after my nap I might cash one in! I feel like its a treat I deserve.

Yesterday was the first real day I missed an event. It was a Birthday Party for a good friend's 1 year old son. It was an hour away so there was no way I could go. Hubs & Beebs went and were gone for the day. He sent me pics off and on for the duration of the party. It made me so sad to be missing such a big celebration- but then I have to check myself and remind myself this is only temporary. It's just hard to accept even though you know its what's needed.

Looking forward to my 26w appt on Weds!!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment