Friday, June 14, 2013

Feeling Blessed

Oops- this was done 6/14, somehow updated 6/19

So here we are... Friday & 23w 2d!

A great day of the week... even though I'm a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM- I promise these acronyms are widely used in the mommy world on my birth sites!) I still look forward to the weekend. Hubs has been working like crazy and I miss him so much. We both used to have positions that were flexible during the day. So sometimes we could both be done working at 3pm, or not start until 10am. This new position he took at the beginning of the year is more of a "on demand" type job so depending on what his customers needs, dictates how long his days are. This position is also new for us because its more of a commission based job, so the harder he works, the more we'll see! He can work from home some days through out the week if he wants, but I try to encourage more office time... I think it would be too distracting for him to be at home, trying to work with Ava wanting to play and be taken care of. I never realized how lucky we were before, with all the time we got to spend with each other. I can't imagine how couples who work 12hours shifts each at different hours make time for each other. It's the most important part of every relationship... TIME!

This has been a great week... My besties reception is tomorrow evening. Our friend Em is in from Chicago and she wheeled me around the mall in a wheelchair on Monday trying to find ourselves dresses. I only ran into one person I knew... I felt awkward using it so I made sure to stretch out and rub my bump, but then we saw other pregnant women and I couldn't help but wonder that they probably thought to themselves... "look at that pregnant wuss in a wheelchair- pathetic!". Surprisingly we both came out successful! She convinced me to step out of my comfort zone on a beautiful Jessica Simpson Maternity dress. It has silver straps and is coral... the reason its "not me" is bc its LONG & FlOWY. I'm more of the short, tight, dang look at those long legs here I am dresser... When I put this dress on, I felt like a fairy godmother and I mean that in the sexiest way possible. It does make my stomach look as those I have one of Cinderella's Horse Carriage Pumpkins smuggled underneath, but at least I can probably wear regular underwear so I don't have to worry them getting swallowed up in my hotbox and hotbut again. Hubs picked up my MIL's (mother in law) wheelchair last night for the reception, so I'm not the sorrow pregnant girl who can't stand and dance sitting at a table by herself. I fully plan on getting my big belly out on the floor, four wheels and all!

Our appt was Weds, it was an early one at 7:30am. Both babies looked great again. BA as usual was head down, facing back and BB was head down again, face up. In one shot it looked like they were snuggling with their heads :) It was another "limited ultrasound" so they did the heartbeats, checked amniotic fluid, and looked at the hearts, kidneys and stomachs briefly, but all looked great! Still no sign of TTTS, thank goodness. Hard to believe I'm 23w already!! After 6+ appointments we finally got an u/s tech we had before, dang they sure are staffed! She also did my Cervical Length and it measured at 2.8cm. This is a 4mm increase, which is great... but has me so confused. I know the Cervix is a muscle, but the fact that it can shorten, then increase, shorten again, etc etc makes no sense. My doctor said that it just depends on the pressure the babies put on it... if they are putting a lot of pressure on it then it thins out, if they aren't then it kinda expands back to place. I'm still measuring under 3cm and the doctors said that even though it went up a few mm they aren't treating it any different. There is still a lot to be concerned about (preterm labor) and there can always be a variance when measuring. The best news is that it hasn't hit under 2cm yet, which is what we are grateful for! Still on modified bed rest & Indomethican.

I go back next Weds-24w... our first Big Milestone! I get my first dose of Steroid Shots!!!! I'm actually really excited to get poked in my butt. This is what the babies need to help their lungs mature in the event they are born early. I will have another full ultrasound with lots of measurements so I'm excited to see how big they are measuring! I go again Thurs 24w 1d to get the 2nd Steroid Booty Shot. I'm really looking forward to it. As much as these babies need to stay put, I will feel a little more at ease when we get the shots and get closer to 27w. :)

Today I met a long time friend at a local kid friendly coffee shop called "Four Kids Coffee". Its a really clean, gluten/allergy free coffee place that you can take your kids and have them play while you sit and relax or chat with a friend. I love that Beebs doesn't have "stranger anxiety". After we washed her hands and put her socks on she ran right into the playroom after shutting the gate in my face. I watched her a minute, she looked back at me as if to say "Mom... you're embarrassing me, leave!!" yes she is only 19m old but I swear that's what her look said to me. I sat down with my friend Ashley and her sister and we chatted for a good hour until it was time to go. You do have to pay $6.50 per kid/per hour, but I find that pretty cheap compared to most babysitter rates. You can just leave them there 1.5hours max, but that's plenty to meet another mom and have some adult time. Plus I was able to sit and relax with a delicious cup of coffee and give my Mom & Sister a break today too! After our play date we picked up Daddy from work and grabbed some lunch. Poor guy hasn't had time to really go sit and eat at lunch all week! Afterwards Ava & I were both exhausted and took naps! Today has been a good day and instead of being stressed I'm deciding to just be grateful for everything.

One more note... I got my first Invoice from the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) group & hospital from starting with them April 30th... it said $803.00 for services in April through half of May... I almost peed my pants. I called them for clarification on dates, services, insurance info, etc and upon talking to the associate, we concluded that I actually owe $1.50, which gets waived off as a small balance!!!! We qualified for the "Yes you can" program bc they don't accept my Insurance there, but since this MFM is the only one in the area my insurance has to waive the out of network prices and then the program WAIVED my deductible... talk about amazing.

Feeling Blessed!

xoxo

p.s. for those of you concerned about my butt nuggets... I'm currently averaging every 2-3 days minus pooping standing up... WOOHOO!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment