Friday, June 7, 2013

It's a waiting game and I have the worst patience

I'm 22w 2d, I feel like 24w can't get here soon enough! Last week's appt was ok. I guess I should say it was good bc there wasn't much of a negative change. My length went from 2.52cm to 2.4cm in a week. That's just a little over 1mm change. It's not great, but its definitely not having the Docs sweat bullets just yet. The funneling is still there, but I'm not sure of the measurement.

This was the first appt I went by myself. My hubs always wants to come bc he gets to the see the babies and then once the complications hit he doesn't want me going alone... Unfortunately he was so wrapped in work so I told him not to worry. Of all days this was the QUICKEST u/s with appt I've EVER had! It was scheduled later than normal at 11:30am, so I figured this would be the longest of them all. I normally go at 7:30a or 8:00a so I can "get in and get out"... yeah right! But its ok, Docs are busy and its not like I have anything better to do so I don't mind. Anyways the appt was at 11:30a and I was out before 1pm! Amazing!

Dr. K came down to do my scan with the u/s Tech. Even though I need trans-vaginal u/s every week I still don't get used to magic wand they use. Some tech's seem confident inserting it, one asked me to do it myself and others have it a little inside the opening before they ask... Is this the right hole?

This u/s tech turned the screen away from me. I couldn't see, but then I thought... its ok. I'll just lay here and think about something else for once. It appears she was going to measure me a little longer than the doc and he stopped her for a teaching lesson and they agreed on my length number. He told me I can get dressed and head upstairs. They give you a travel box of 1ply sand paper tissue to clean up down there. Awesome. 1ply should be banned in all forms. Yeah its cheaper but you have to triple wad it up just to clean yourself and you're lucky if you don't walk away with vaginal abrasions.

The u/s was so quick and my OB appt technically wasn't until 1pm bc of lunch. I went up anyways and told the receptionist I didn't mind waiting the hour and could go down to the cafeteria to eat. She said my nurse was still there and the docs too so it was no problem to see me earlier. Carol came in and we talked about issues, problems, questions, etc before we talked about our weekends. I always like talking to her. I feel like she is someone I've known a long time. She told me about her Summer Vacation coming up and so I started to lay it on thick... about how Hubs, Beebs & I were supposed to go to the Outer Banks (OBX) at the end of Aug-Sept, but its surely out of the question now. She said I was probably right or that I should ask my friends if they mind if we bring twin newborns with us, bc that's a bigger possibility. She left to get the doctor.That was a wake call for me... I'm due Oct 9th, and the vacation is over a month before their due date... I don't think we're ready for the twins to come this summer!

Dr. G walked in and said... "well I talked to Dr. M about your vacation ((I got really excited!!)) and he said that he would gladly go... in your place!!" Ugh... I told him, "I have a better suggestion, if these babies aren't here... how about you, Dr. K or Dr. M decide which one of you just go with us! You won't have to pay for anything, you can bring a guest. There is a hospital a mile from the Beach House we rented!!!" He paused and almost seemed to think about it and then started laughing. He has no idea I'm serious. I am planning to talk to these doctors EVERY week about this vacation. If I have a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) doc with me, then I should be allowed to go... plus who wouldn't want to vacation with us at the beach for FREE?!?

Back to the serious stuff... They aren't happy its still shortening, but they are relieved it hasn't dropped below 2cm yet. I've been on my Med (Indomethican) for a week now. I'm not sure what its supposed to do except "relax my uterus", whatever that means. So I'm still on weekly appts, modified bed rest, pelvic rest and I have to keep taking the medicine. I told them I still contract every 2-3hrs, even during rest. We're still on for our short term goal to make it to 24w (June 19) so I can get my Steroid Shots to help their lungs. Then I get a 2nd shot after that... viability really kicks in around 26w (July 3). So we gotta keep these Babies in until then at the absolute EARLIEST! I may or may not have to be on Hospital Bed Rest around 25ish weeks... just in case they do come we're at the hospital. If they come now, there isn't going to be much they can do. Prayers also help, but reality is these babies have a few more crucial weeks for their own safety.

I go back this coming Weds (23w) and hoping for a "NO change" appt for once!

On the home front... Hubs and I still haven't found a rental. We're at my moms for the time being. I feel like a burden sometimes bc I can't pull my weight around the house and help, I know she doesn't care. Even though its for good reason, I feel like a lazy bum. As much as we would love to be in our own place, we need the extra help with Ava. Putting her in Daycare right now would help tremendously and she would LOVE it. She really needs to be around other kids more and I feel so guilty about that. Without me working right now, daycare tuition is a scary thought on just one income when we still need our own place to live! Everything does happen for a reason... even though we're spread thin right now, its better to be in Ohio in this situation than Texas. My PTO would have been gone already so I wouldn't have an income anyways and we wouldn't have much help with Ava. I have to see the positive in all this. Getting us to Ohio quickly was God's way of helping us without us knowing.

I was worried Ava would start to be distant towards me since I'm not as active with her... thank god its actually the opposite! I try to make up for it in certain situations like nap & bed time. I lay with her to fall asleep despite her being a very independent sleeper since she was 6months old. Laying and cuddling with her is something I look forward to every day/night and it's our best time to bond right now. My little Beebs is truly the best little girl we could have asked for and I'm so excited for her to show her little sisters the ropes!!!

xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment