Thursday, August 15, 2013

32weeks... say what say what!?!?

32w 1d!!

Are you as excited as I am??? I still can't believe we've made it this far with two healthy babies still going strong inside my womb. It's been 13weeks since I've started this crazy, emotional bed rest journey. It's been 8weeks since my Cervix took the turn for the worse... yet here we are.

I'm an active member on an online Birth Board. One of the groups I joined when all this came about was the "Bed Rest Club". It was amazing, yet sad to see all these women in the same boat as me, or even worse. There were some women with a similar story to me that had their babies very early and unfortunately they didn't survive. There were also a few women that were still very much pregnant and in their 30+ weeks. At the time... being only 20 weeks or so it was a great place to get information, share stories, prepare for the worse, but look forward to the best. Now, I'm one of the women with a positive story so far and that is so refreshing. We take so many things for granted in life. Jobs, money, relationships, pregnancy... the list goes on. I for one am trying to appreciate everything more than I already do. This whole experience really opens your eyes to what is really important in life. Ok, enough with the sermon!

We now go to the doc 2x a week until the babies are born- every Monday & Thursday. The reasoning is now that we are getting further along, the babies have less room to move and this is the stage where they start showing signs of stress. If they monitor just once a week, there is always a chance that something could happen in those 6 days before the next appt and I would never know. The appts are primarily focused on the babies, each appt has an ultrasound, but I only see the doc once a week.

The ultrasound is a Biophysical Profile (BPP). There are four categories they score the babies in... Body Tone, Movement, Amniotic Fluid, & Breathing. Each baby can get a max of 2pts per category, scoring up to 8points. They also take note how long it takes each baby to pass as well as monitor their heart rate. So far the babies have been passing quite fast. On Monday, it took Baby A 27mins... that was by far the longest. It took her awhile again today, but she passed (they both did) with 8/8!

At Monday's Appt I was 31w 5d and I was measuring 41weeks!!! Eeek! No wonder I feel and look soooo huge. Ironically I lost a pound (212lbs!). Dr. K asked if I was eating and I told him I was, but when I was sick last week I know there were a few days I didn't eat or drink as much as normal. Jesley & Jenmay wanted to take me to dinner so I asked Dr. K and he said "No problem at all, just no strippers" LOL. Hubs & I were cracking up! It was so nice to get out. I was definitely overdressed and I knew I would be but I didn't care! When you're cooped up in a house all day everyday and wear the same comfy stretchy tank tops and yoga capris, you look for any excuse to put on a dress, makeup and a fancy hairstyle. It was great catching up with them... laughing, talking, gossiping. Oooo how I've missed them!

Today was another BPP. It took Baby A a little while to pass again. I think its bc she is so far down and starting to get smashed by Baby B. The tech relayed all the info to Dr. K. I wasn't supposed to have an appt, but he told her to send me upstairs to check my blood pressure. The tech gave me the BPP sheet. I always read the details & notes. All looked really well, except she "**" a handwritten section that said "Baby A's deepest pocket is suggestively less than Baby B's at 3.3cm". Basically Baby A seems to have less fluid around her. I imagined this is why Dr. K wanted me to come up. I went up... had to pee in a cup, which usually entails me peeing majorly on my hand and barely in the actual cup. I just give up, I don't even care! My blood pressure was "text book" and Carol went to get Dr. K. She came back a few mins later and said... "Dr. K said you're good to go". I was happy so I jumped up and we left. COMPLETELY forgetting to ask about Baby A's "deepest pocket" worry. I'll have to call in the AM. I also have some other questions I need to ask... I'm usually not one to forget, but I'll blame it on staying up late with Swiss laughing about stuff and then waking up at 5:45am for the 7:30am appointment!

I still can't believe we've made it this far! I know the doctors are very shocked. The next few weeks will be tough. Swiss leaves for college tomorrow and my mom might be working more hours at work. So it looks like Hubs will have to work from home more. Which isn't a huge deal, but its a little difficult to concentrate and get things handled with a 21month old wanting to play outside every 15mins. I might have to look into a "mommy's day out" program in our area to help. We'll get it situated... everything always seems to fall into place when you have a little patience and a lot of faith.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment