Friday, August 23, 2013

Are we there yet?

33w 2d!!

I just can't get enough of writing my gestation at the top of these posts. As always, I still cannot believe I have two healthy little girls still inside me cooking!

Yesterday's appt was great. They are all at 7:30a here on out. Yuck! But at least we get in and we get out. We got full measurements in addition to the standard BPP ultrasound. This time both babies passed immediately and they both got 8/8. That makes me happy. The Sonograhper is super nice. I always enjoy her, but now I can't remember her name. We always talk about personal things and I love her beside manner. We had to bring Beebs with us to this appt, so Hubs had to occasionally walk out of the room with her because she wanted to go walk. She is such a good little girl. Majority of the time she just stands at the edge of the bed and plays with my feet. I think since it was so early she was still tired and just out of sorts.

The tech started the measurements quickly and luckily both babies cooperated bc it went rather fast. Baby A is so far down that I thoght the tech was about to stick the ultrasound wand down my pants. She had me move them down further. I was certainly glad I shaved the night before. Last thing she wanted was for the Amazon to spring forward once I moved my pants. I think even hubs felt nervous for her! I can't remember the heartbeats (pregnancy brain lately), but they were consistent. The next important factor... their weights... Baby A was measuring at 33w 6d & 4lbs 9oz!!! Baby B was measuring 35w & 5lbs 3oz!!!!!! Both are amazing! At this gestation they should be about 4lbs and of course the measurements could be off by up to 6oz, but those are still great numbers. There is obviously a big jump now from BA to BB size wise. 3weeks ago they were exactly the same and although BA's weight is still great, its about 10oz off from BB. I remember Monday's appt and Dr. G said this is the time where one baby doesn't grow as much as the other bc they run out of room and depending on the results of the u/s, it could determine if they want the babies out sooner. So of course I did feel a little alarmed by this. The tech called up to Dr. K with all her info and he said he was happy and it was ok to send us home. So I guess even though its clear BB is bypassing BA we are still good to go. I wonder if they'll schedule another growth ultrasound or just watch my fluid levels? I'm only supposed to get full measurements every 3w, with 36w being the next. They might be born by then!
After the u/s we headed back to Deda's. Hubs made Ava & I a yummy breakfast. Then while he did some work from home Beebs & I watched Disney Jr and cuddled on the couch. We both went up for a long nap. When we woke up we went to visit my Grandma Valentine for a little bit. Its been so long since I've seen her! While we were out my Aunt Jo from MI texted me and we headed over to my Grandma Grimsleys for a little bit. Totally unexpected. My Grandpa is still in the hospital recovering from surgery this past Weds. He had an infection that started from a skin graph and it was spreading. It seems they got it all, but he'll still be there a few more days. At my Gma's we ordered pizza, chicken & jo jo's from Italos- my all time fave. My mom came over after work and my Aunt Kristin and her family was there. It was so NICE to be out of the house. Of course I sat the whole time, but I love being around busy people. It makes the time go by so fast. Around 7pm I was really starting to feel the effects and told Hubs it was time to go. Even Ava was so tired that she snuggled with me on the couch without a peep coming from her. We all went to bed early last night!

I had Hubs take my picture because I was feeling cute :) I put effort (a lil lol) into my appearance for the day so I didn't want to forget it. Most days I'm greasy faced, frizzy haired and in the same type of outfit with crumbs and a juice stain on my shirt. Also, another reason is a good friend of mine, Heather from back in Austin was pretty adamant on seeing an updated pic. She's also pregnant, and when I say pregnant... I mean PAST DUE. She is trying every natural way to induce herself so they can meet their precious little girl "E". I can only imagine how she's feeling right now with her due date come and gone and still very pregnant. At least everyone is healthy and she's getting close to her natural labor. I just hope little E comes before she has to be switched to the Hospital. Don't get me wrong, I am all for pain meds and Hospitals, but every woman should have the labor & delivery they want with or without medical intervention. I pray the next few days go smooth for her and she has her new daughter soon!

 I'm starting to "cheat" a bit... not really following doctor's orders. I know I know... these babies need to keep cooking. I'm not trying to pull the "woe is me" card, but heck... I've been through some things these past 13w and I'm ready. If they need to stay put for their health then so be it. I'm just exhausted. Although I know the minute they are born I will miss the continual acrobatics in my belly. I'm starting to get the nesting feeling I had with Ava. I'm wanting an alone date with Hubs, wash clothes, organize things and get plans in place for their arrival. I'll be 34w on Weds and if I'm not mistaken I will be taken off Strict Bed Rest (which has become Modified Bed Rest prescribed by world renowned Dr. A. Stroud) I just want to enjoy these last few weeks (or days) as a family of 3. My family has a little Baby Pool going on. Only one person said I'll make it to Sept, the rest have dates this weekend and next week... I personally say September and on an "odd" day. No sure why, but we shall see!! I stop taking Procardia on Weds as well... this is the Medicine that is keeping my contractions "at bay" even though I still contract anywhere from 2-4 an hour regardless of what I'm doing. So even though I say Sept babies, a part of me thinks that they will be here 48hours after I stop the meds. Of course it doesn't mean they will, but if I have this much action while on Meds I can only imagine how I'm going to feel when I come off..... oy.

xoxo

I look tiny on the left, but its an illusion! The pic on the right really shows what I'm working with!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment