Saturday, August 31, 2013

We made it to SEPTEMBER!

34w 3d!!!

    Ok so its not Sept yet, but I think its safe to say there won't be any August babies born. Unless of course they both just pop out of my hotbox while I'm typing this and say "SURPRISE"!!!! All along I wanted these girls to be September babies. I'm just astonished that we've made it this far. From getting the not so good news back in May and wondering if these girls could make it to viability to now thinking of an induction...its the biggest blessing! There were times where my faith was tested.. I even had a moment around the time I got the news. I just kept thinking... if these babies aren't going to make it, please just let it happen now. I'm already so attached and my heart will be unmendable if it happens any further down the road. It's also the reason why we didn't talk about names, or plans, or our future as a family of 5. Slowly I started to pray harder and lift my worries up instead of keeping them 100% inside. It's been a LONG journey these past 4+ months... not just with the babies, but with the move & life itself. Marcellus & I have definitely been tested in ALL arenas and the light at the end of the tunnel is bigger and brighter. I look forward to the day when Hubs and I are sitting on our own back porch drinking wine, watching our girls play and say... "remember when..." it makes me smile just to think about it :)

We had our BPP on Monday with the Doc Appt after. We've been taking Beebs with us. She is such a trooper getting up early to be at a 7:30am appt. Although she will be at home for our next appt (Tues) with Mrs. Rosler :) Love her & her family!!

The BPP went great and was super fast. Both babies passed quickly and scored their usual 8/8. There didn't seem to be any concerns so we headed up for the appt. I was really looking forward to this appt. This is when my restrictions were to be lifted!! I'm now at 214lbs, which surprises me that it doesn't go up higher each week. I think I've been gaining at most a pound a week over the last few weeks/month. Hubs is 6'4 225lbs and we joked that I'm only about 10lbs less than him and he has 5inches on me... I said I can't believe I'm 5'11 214lbs. He looked at me and said... You're like a running back!! LOL we laughed so hard!

Dr. M was on today. He's the one that cracks me up. He was pleased with everything so I asked him our plan for 37w (I ask this at EVERY appointment). He said that we will need to setup an induction date for that time frame. He asked the nurse when 37w is and I chimed in immediately "SEPTEMBER 18th"... O, he said... it's obvious you're counting down. lol. I guess I am. He wanted to wait until my next appt to schedule it just in case the babies come before then. So as he was wrapping up the appt I asked about my restrictions. The sad news came... He didn't want me lift the restrictions bc I was going to stop taking the Procardia on Weds. Since I contract so much and my Cervical Length is next to nothing he was worried that stopping the meds, on top of being active could set me into Labor. He followed it up with... twins at 34weeks is good, but twins at 36/37weeks is even better. I can't disagree... I just feel so ready. I felt like my ego got shot down a little,but I respect his decision... although, I really haven't been listening.

I've been doing more Mommy duties for Ava since its just her and I. Hubs usually comes home around the time Ava lays down for a nap (ok, I lay down too). I'm not trying to put myself in labor, but if I stood up right now and my water broke.. I WOULD NOT BE MAD! I stopped the Procardia officially Tuesday night at 10pm. We stayed the night at my dad's house. I figured this would be the last time in awhile we'd probably be able to stay over there. Surprisingly I didn't notice any changes. In fact, 3 days later.. I still feel normal. Nothing more. Ava enjoyed the time with my Dad & Stepmom as did we. They live about 20mins away, which isn't far, but my Dad works crazy hours again so its hard to pin down a time to see them. Plus, I hadn't been getting out much prior too.

Thursday's BPP went well also. I think we were there 1hr max. When we got home, Hubs needed to get into the office so Beebs & I hung out. We watched about 4 episodes of Elmo- which entails recording Sesame Street but fast forwarding to the Elmo portion which is usually the last 15-20mins. She refuses to watch anything before that... we also watch Minnie "Ca House", which is code for Mickey Mouse Club House. We usually get outside for some fresh air before lunch/nap. Then we eat and lately we've been napping in my bed. I figure its the least I can do bc of how busy I anticipate I'll be once the girls get here. We both sleep so soundly next to each other all cuddled up. Sometimes I even catch her reaching out for me to make sure I'm still there. Every day she melts my heart a little more.

Today Hubs asked if I wanted to go to Giant Eagle with him to get some Hamburger Buns & Misc items. I jump at the chance to get outta the house, even if it is to a grocery store! I put on a cute strapless maxi dress and felt like I should at least be going to a grocery store on Rodeo Drive or something. I told Ava we needed to freshen up her hair and she needed to get Daddy. About 5mins later she walks in the bed room with Daddy and she kept saying "frash... frash". I had no idea what she was saying. So what I usually do is stop her, and have her say it again and then show me what she wants... well she took me into the bathroom, pulled out her stool, stood on it in front of the sink and pointed to her hair product and said "frash"... she was trying to tell me to FRESHEN HER HAIR. O my lord this girl is a genius! I know she's almost 2years old (22 months today!!!!), but how does she remember this stuff and link it all together?! Her vocabulary astonishes me everyday... of course she's not in Daycare for me to see if she's within normal limits, above or below, but I feel like she has to speak better than most. My little Beebs <3

Last night Hubs & I slept alone... its not what you think lol. I just could NOT get comfortable no matter what. So I told him I was going to sleep in Brooke's bed. He shot up and said "whats wrong, why can't you sleep, something is wrong". I told him I was fine and just couldn't sleep. It was about 5:30am at this point and I had been awake since about 4am. I went into Brooke's bed and I'm pretty sure I immediately fell asleep. I washed all of Ava's NB- 3months clothes today. That girl had A LOT of stuff. I reorganized everything and its ready to go. I consolidated the larger sizes (6m+) and organized those bins a little as well. I wouldn't say I'm nesting... its just something that needed done. Those particular sizes have been in bins since Ava was 6m old. So I needed to do an inventory check anyways. Everything is still in great condition. Washing the clothes, I still feel in denial of whats about to happen. When I picked up each shirt or onesie I thought immediately of a time I remembered Ava wearing it. Everything is so tiny, I can't imagine two more tiny babies will be wearing those clothes soon!

We have a few more large items to still get, but everything is pretty much ready to go. We even FINALLY have names decided on! It's not a big secret, but I'm going to wait before I post it on here. If you're DYING to know, just ask :)

Hope you're all enjoying your Holiday Weekend!!!
xoxo

p.s. I'm hoping Swiss makes a surprise appearance home tomorrow, I miss her too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment