Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

26w 2d

Technically July 4th was yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to blog. We had an impromptu family cook out at my Mom's. There was soooooo much delicious food. I definitely didn't short change myself on meat, corn or desserts. I'm pretty sure the babies loved it all as much as me!

The babies have been moving NONSTOP... I love it! Sometimes it's a really weird feeling, like they are rolling around and sometimes I wonder if they are going to kick open their sacs and bust through my belly! When they are both moving at the same time it feels like they are fighting already and saying... "Mom, she's touching me through her sac!!!!" I feel movement down in my Vag too... that's the weirdest feeling. Sometimes even a little scary. With Beebs, she moved a lot, but she also had breaks where she didn't. Since I've got two gummy bears in there it feels as though there is barely a time I don't feel movement. They especially get mad when I lie on my side to sleep at night. The baby closest to the side I'm laying on seems to kick and squiggle in protest until I put a little pillow to take the pressure off.

Our 26w appt was on Weds. It was a good appt, but didn't start out as such. My Mom, Swiss & Beebs went with me this week. Hubs had an opportunity to go golfing with his bestie so I said he should go! It was a later appointment and I also had a new tech this time... not "new" to the company, but new to me. It was a man this time. He was really nice as like the others. The babies both looked great again with strong heartbeats and lots of movements. They were both head down and their heads looked like they were almost touching! We still didn't get a face shot bc BA was facing back and BB was hiding and she was kinda facing back too.

He called in a female tech while he did the trans vag u/s. I was a little nervous to have him do it... not bc he's a man, but bc his hands were a little "shaky"... I thought this scan is not going to end up good if he's shaking that magic wand inside my hotbox. I saw his measurements and immediately started to cry... .98cm & 1.1cm. My all time lowest. I confirmed the #'s with him and he said, this is what I measured, but Dr. G will probably want to rescan you. So he left to get the doctor... it was a long wait so I texted hubs the news, but that we were waiting on Dr. G to rescan me. I was really worried I was going to be admitted that day. Hubs sent me a emoji icon face text of a "surprised look". I could tell he was worried too. He tried calling, but the doc came in.

Dr. G rescanned me himself... confusingly enough he measured me back at 1.9cm. He said there was a chance the tech didn't have the full view or perhaps there was more pressure on my cervix at that point. When Dr. G pushed on my belly near my pubic area the cervix shortened dramatically as we watched the screen and the funnel opened more. When he let go it went back. I was still all upset to see the original scan so even after hearing the good news I wasn't 100% convinced... I watched the tech scan me and NO I'm not a Sonographer, but after getting these scans every Weds for the past 7weeks and then every other Weds before that, I feel like I'm "familiar". Of course I trust him and the other doctors, but when you're "worked up" it's hard to change your thought process. I was running through things in my head like... what underwear I'll need them to bring me in the hospital, my belly & baby books, jenmay's kindle, my laptop, what about AVA, etc... I had myself convinced I would be staying.

We went up to my appt and I saw Dr. K. He talked to me about my concerns with the scan measurements... all 3 Docs have great bedside manner. I could tell Dr. K seemed busy, but he took his time to talk to me about everything again and why they were going with the 1.9cm. So, since that's my measurement, they said I've stayed "stable" for 3weeks now and he gave a few lifts off my restrictions. Still Strict Bed Rest, but I'm allowed to go to a POOL once a week!!! and get out of the house for a car ride occasionally... still no shopping or time on my feet, but I'm not sequestered to my bed or recliner 24/7. Even though this made me happy, I still feel uneasy. I've seen first hand how fast things can change so even though I had a tad more freedom I think I'll still stick to the script as much as possible. Plus Hubs doesn't want to risk anything so he might be more strict than the docs! I'm starting to get to a semi-comfortable place. I won't 100% be at ease until I hit at least 32w... so for now, its hang out and hold on!

I also gained 3lbs in a week and so I am officially 202lbs and hit the 200 mark... BLAH! Owell, my weight gain has been really good and considering I'm not active, I'll take it. I just need to watch a little more. I get two more Steroid Shots the week of the 15th and then on July 17th I will be admitted for 24+ hours while the docs take me off Indomethican and put me on Procordia. This is to make sure that when the Indo is out of my system I don't go into labor before they can start the Procardia. Which does the same thing, but it used further in gestation and Indo can only be used up to 28w. I'm confident it's not time for the babies to be born so I'm sure my body will adjust well. It is weird though to think that once they take me off the Meds that I could go into Labor and have these babies so close to my Birthday! That would be crazy!

The house is quiet right now. Beebs went to get some food with Deda, Swiss & my stepdad and Hubs just left with a College Buddy to have a few drinks with some of their friends. It's just Logan (the dog) & I and I'm ok haha!! Being alone occasionally isn't so bad :)



Happy 4th from my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment