Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2 weeks to go... Is this real life?!

35weeks.... Ermagherd!!!!!!

Here I go again... I can't believe it! Really? 35w??? No babies? Still cooking in my belly? Crazy!

We had a nice Labor Day weekend. Pretty quiet as we expected, but it was nice that Hubs didn't have to work on Monday. My mom took Beebs down to Columbus with my stepdad to visit Swiss at College. I really wanted to go, but obviously its not the best idea for me to get in a car for 2hours. Ava was so excited to go "bye bye". They had a good time with Brooke & her bf Spencer. She got home around 10pm that same day and she was beyond exhausted. She was falling asleep while we were putting her pj's on. I rocked her for a little when she was ready for bed. I have to straddle her little legs on either side of my belly and use my arms to keep her off my belly... it's quite the workout! I contracted a lot sitting there, but I know its bc of my "irritable uterus" and there was pressure on my stomach. While they were gone Hubs & I relaxed all day. He cooked some deliciousness on the grill for us.

I woke up Monday morning at 5am convinced I was in Labor. I had the worst back pain I have ever experienced. I kept saying... "I'm sorry for wanting my water to break, I don't want this... I'm sorry!!!" I limped myself into the bathroom just thinking my bladder was too full. I peed, stood up and peed again and the pain stayed. I leaned over the sink to try and relieve the pressure, no luck. I went back into the bedroom and woke Hubs up and told him what was going on. He was rubbing my back trying to help, but nothing was relieving the pain. I told him I needed to lay in Brooke's bed so I could spread out. He helped me get in there, got me two Tylenol and rubbed my back some more. I told him if this keeps up we have to go to the Hospital bc I thought it was back labor. I've posted before about my Labor with Ava (I think?) it was fast & furious, but it was all at the hospital... so being at home in this pain was really worrying me. Finally the pain subsided enough where I was able to fall asleep. I started to realize maybe it wasn't back labor bc it was only on my right side and didn't "wrap" around to the front like I've been told.

I woke up for the day a few hours later and the pain was still there. I texted Ale and she thought it could either be Kidneys or Muscle... we decided it had to be muscle pain. I pulled my knee to my chest and could feel it pull and cause more pain. Who am I kidding, I just bent my knee a little, there is no pulling up to my chest. My mom got my situated with a heating pad and the pain didn't subside until 2pm that day... 7hours straight of back pain? Never heard of it. I'm fine now, but was pretty terrified.

After the pain went away I showered and we went to my Grandma G's for a cook out. Its always so great to be around family! I didn't have any more issues besides the typical contractions and heaviness that I have all the time. Ava ran around with all the little kids, that's probably my favorite part. So many friends to play with all the time!

Yesterday (34w 6d) was my appt bc of the Holiday. The BPP went well, but Baby A wasn't moving as much so it took a little longer. She is so far down that the tech could only get a view of the back of her neck! Baby B passed in 5mins and she kept pushing on her sister to wake her up for us. Finally Baby A gave some really strong movements and we were good to go. Both babies are still head down and inside of being "side by side" they are more like stacked... Baby A is more towards my back and Baby B is on top of her and more towards the front of my belly... does that make sense? They are really crammed in there although it seems based on my fluid levels that Baby B still has more room to move around. Before my u/s I went to the bathroom and my underwear were soaked. I normally wear a panty liner and of course forgot yesterday.

We went up to our appt and Dr. M was the one seeing us. I weighed in at 215lbs, I still can't believe I am hardly gaining any weight these last few weeks! That's only a pound up from last week. I told him about the wetness I had and since it was time for my Group B Strep Test- a routine test done around this time on all pregnant women (http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/groupbstrepinfection.html) . He also wanted to make sure I didn't have any yeast or other bacterial infections so he took a couple swabs. Since he was "down there" he also wanted to do a cervical check. At any time a woman can refuse, but I like to be prepared so he checked. I was 3cm dilated! Which normally isn't much to get excited about, but considering I'm 100% effaced it means a lot more. I was 2cm dilated at 28w and 32w, so it is obviously a gradual process (usually). My cultures all came back Negative which is always a relief... The Group B test has to be sent to a lab so I won't know the outcome of that until tomorrow probably. If I am positive, I have to get a round of antibiotics before I give birth. After he pulled the plastic speculum out of my hotbox he showed me the discharge on it... It was covered in the white milky stuff (leucorrhea) and a little mucous. He said this was probably what I was seeing in my undies... I looked at Hubs and he just stared at it lol.

When it was time to scoot back up, Hubs had to help me. I swear it is so difficult getting back into place after being on my back. They setup my Induction Date for Weds Sept 18th at 6:30am (37weeks)... when they gave me the news I felt like throwing up. Of course I knew there was an end in sight, but to actually have a date is creepy. Although, Dr. M said based on being dilated to a 3 now and all the discharge and the way I'm presenting, he imagines I won't make it a week! So we shall see... :)

He didn't 100% lift me from restrictions... he said I can start to do more activities, but to take it slow since I've been down for so long. I have to keep up with the Heparin Injections as well :( He said that when I come in next week to let them know what I've been able to do so they can see how I react. I'm normally 100% honest with doctors, but I just couldn't bring myself to say that I've already been doing stuff. So I just said "ok" and I guess I'll keep doing what I was doing! At this point... its kind of like "whatever" and I'm just going with the flow! I want to start getting some energy back BEFORE the girls are born... I couldn't imagine my slush butt trying to take care of two newborns and a toddler, no way!

Tonight Hubs, Beebs & I went for ice cream and my bestie Jenmay and her sister Sara met us out there. It was soooooo good to see Jenny, it felt like its been forever. We stayed and chatted awhile. I'm so excited to meet these girls and get things somewhat back to normal. Well its getting late & I'm exhausted despite my nice 2 hour nap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment