Monday, July 22, 2013

Birthday Girl!!!

28w 5D!

I know I know... two posts in one day?!?!? It's been a whirlwind since I got out of the hospital and I hate if my posts get too long.

I'm officially old. Or at least according to my almost 19yr old sister. Once I became a mom she told me I was pretty much old, now that I am officially the big 3-0 (yesterday) it's confirmed. I'm old!

I haven't been dreading turning 30, but I did feel kind of bummed I didn't initially get to spend my Birthday the way I wanted. Rewind to July 21 2012. Hubs and I were all dresssed up. Ava went to a friends house for a "sleep over" while Daddy & I went out for dinner and drinks. We were looking pretty fancy! We had a delicious dinner and extrememly strong drinks. It was a great night! We talked about my big 30th and what we wanted to do. We talked about Vegas or Miami. We originally were going to wait until after my 30th to try for #2. We were going to do my "Dirty Thirty" big! At the end of 2012 Hubs initiated the baby convo... this was music to my ears, bc I was ready to start sooner than later. We talked about starting a few months into the New Year. I had a couple weddings to be in and events to go too. When I talked to my OB about our plans he suggested that I get off the pill so my body could try to regulate. It wasn't exactly hard getting pregnant with Ava, but that's only bc 3 months into trying I had an u/s done only to find out I didn't ovulate. I took a round of Clomid the next month and BAM.... baby! Had we not, it would have take awhile.

Anyways.... he said to get off the pill and see how my body reacts. Especially since I had some serious post partum complications with Ava (placenta accreta- too much to add to this post). So I did, first month no issues, I never ovulated... good because we wanted to wait until Feb-April ish. The next month... No ovulation either. Ok, I'm not ovulating... o wait... I am, just EXTREMELY late. We got pregnant on a random weekend. Marc had training in Ohio (we were still in TX at the time) for 2 weeks. I found a last minute cheap flight so I booked it and Ava and I went back to our hometown to visit everyone and Daddy. You can imagine how the rest went down and I'll spare you the explicit details, this about sums it up.... Harmons, McDonald's & The Cambria

This post has gone completely off topic and I apologize... so anyways. I didn't imagine we would get pregnant right away or even on our own. But we did and we couldn't be happier! Not to mention we have two gummy bears on the way instead of one. I'm still amazed by that! Even though we were pregnant I still had big plans for my 30th. We would go somewhere, overnight. Just Hubs & I... or maybe Beebs too! But everything changed drastically almost 10weeks ago. As my Birthday drew nearer, I really didn't talk about it to much. I wasn't so bummed about being sober and stuck on a couch... but it wasn't what I had in mind. I love Birthdays, getting dressed up, going out for a fancy dinner and celebrating. It's amazing though how your mindset changes... maybe its the age (Ha!) but I was very content with staying home when the time came. I did feel emotional the day of my Birthday. Little things were making me sad, for no reason. I think I took for granted all the things we usually do on our Birthday's and not being able to leave the house. I got myself all dressed up... washed my hair, put on some make up, and slipped into my new Maxi Maternity dress my mom got me. I felt great!!! My family all came over. We laughed, talked and ate (& I continuted to eat... and eat... and eat!) It's not about what you DO or where you GO for your Birthday, its about the people who want to spend it with you and who make the attempt to make you feel good when they can probably tell you're not in the best spirits. I must admit, I have a pretty awesome family.

That being said... Mark your calendars for Jan 21, 2014. I will be celebrating my 30.5th Birthday!! LOL

Next doc appt is weds (29w) at 11:30a. Hoping and praying for a good appointment!

xoxo

Birthday Girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment