Monday, July 8, 2013

Hall Pass:: Date Night and Pool Time!

26w 5d!

Everyday is more exciting and closer to our goal! It makes being on Bed Rest seem more tolerable knowing that we're doing great.

I had another great weekend. I really can't believe how amazing my family & friends are. Their support and love for not only me & the Tweebs, but for Beebs and my Husband is overwhelming. I cashed in my "hall pass" from the Doc on Saturday Night. I really wanted to get out and go to Starbucks and sit outside. Since it was so close to dinner Hubs asked if I was comfortable enough to go out to eat first. So we went to Outback! I'm glad I decided to put on some makeup and fix my hair. It's amazing how great it feels when you put on some mascara and blush. I wore one of my favorite Maxi dresses. Although it's just a simple black knit dress, I felt "sexy" in it even though it outlined every bump (good & bad) of my body. I normally wear a maternity tank top or tshirt with yoga pants, so it was a good switch. The food was delicious! I ate enough bread that I'm pretty sure my belly is making beer from all the yeast. Our server was super nice and asked when I'm due... I told her October and like everyone else, she *gasped* and said... "o honey"... I then told her it was twins and she felt relieved lol. It never gets old to see people gape at my big ol belly bc they always assume it's just one.

After dinner we went to Starbucks. I was feeling bold and told Hubs I wanted to sit outside instead of his SUV. I was really ambitious... Him & Beebs brought out the drinks and I think I lasted all but 3 swigs from my drink before I was way to hot and suggested we get back in the car. Marcellus just laughed and said ok, let's go drive around. I had been feeling great so I said let's go. We drove up to the Portage Lakes and circled around.  I had no idea Beebs would become OBSESSED with seeing the water and boats from her car window as we drove... so obsessed that every time we got past the water she started yelling "MO MO, MO WA WA, PEAS" (more more, more water, please). It started out cute and then before you know it we're frantically driving around looking for somewhere to park just to appease her! After 30mins we decided that we should probably get back to I could put my feet up... I think Beebs continued to ask for "Mo Wa Wa" until she realized we were in Deda's allotment. We might have only been gone a couple hours, but it was a great outing and much needed. I can't remember the last time we went out to eat as a family, especially where I had myself together!

Sunday was another great day. My gf Annie came over to visit in the morning while our guys went golfing. She's 18weeks pregnant so it was fun to share stories. She asked a lot of questions about what was going on with me and I didn't want to scare her. I'm pretty sure she was ok with it... The way I look at it... whatever is supposed to happen with your pregnancy will happen regardless if you worry or not. Jesley and her daughter also stopped by! The brought delicious "ice cream cupcakes" from Cold Stone Creamery. Yummmm! Beebs & Jess' daughter, Sidnee played nonstop. Ava needed that :) and I needed some girl gossip time! When the guys came back, Hubs cooked out for us... we all ate lunch and everyone headed home. Just when I thought we already had a great day, My cousin Danny texted that him and his gf wanted to stop by. Talk about having a full heart! I really felt the love. They came over and we talked and laughed the whole time. They also absolutely adore Beebs. She was sleeping when he texted me and I didn't want to tell him she was napping bc they might have changed their minds hahah! She woke up and they got to spend some much needed time with them. After they left, Deda got back so Beebs spent the rest of the night outside with her. It's almost like Ava knows we were in Texas, so far from our family and she wants to make up for all the lost time with my mom :)

Why is it that when something "weird" happens to you in the middle of the night you convince yourself you're dying?! I took my Indo at 4am like every night and I felt like something was stuck in my throat. I downed all my water and still had the feeling... I kept thinking the pill was stuck in my throat and it was going to dissolve and relax my throat and I was going to choke on my own saliva or something! I opened a bottle of water (I have a stash along with PB crackers in the nightstand... just in case!) still no relief. My thoughts then went from having a lump in my throat to ghosts in the house. Why? I didn't even hear anything. I kept thinking if I go to the bathroom for more water, there is a chance I could run into a ghost. Then what? Then I can't scream bc I have this damn lump in my throat and I'm screwed... so I decided to just stay in bed... Until I had to pee. This is generally how my nights go.

I did "google" the Lump in throat with my Meds bc I know the Indo can cause reflux (My docs have me taking Pepcid 2x a day to prevent) and if you lay flat after taking the pill, the reflux can come up and irritate your vocal chords... hence the lump in the throat. I should probably go to Med School after all this.

Today was another great day. I already cashed in my "date night" with Hubs so today Swiss, Beebs & I cashed in our "pool day" today! Brooke's friend Jenna has a super nice pool. She was at work, but her mom was home and said we could still come over. It was much needed. Swimming in the water and not having the little annoying pregnancy pains was relaxing. Not to mention the best part was that I got to hold Ava! The only time I hold her now is if she sits on my lap, facing me and has a picnic on my belly. Since she was practically weightless in the water, as was I... I got to hold her and pull her around the pool. She would grab me around the neck and kiss my face all over. I think she realized too just how long its been that I've held her like that. That was by far my favorite part of the day. Being able to hold her and be silly like we used too!! By the end of our pool time she started getting more "brave" and tried jumping off the steps. She had a few mouthfuls of water, but she didn't care! I think its time we got her some swimming lessons!

Overall I'm still feeling good mentally & physically. I still have my moments of what ifs... what if they come early, just because they hit viability, will they be ok? Physically my body feels worn out. The contractions are still 2-3an hour, but they are becoming more intense. They aren't painful, but enough that I have to sit back and breathe in and out and calm myself. My stomach also feels like I just got done doing 1,000 crunches. Of course I'll bring these up at my next appt. The Heparin Injections are still going well, but my stomach is becoming a little more bruised and sensitive to the touch. My hotbox feels like its going to rip open when I stand up to pee. I generally have to collect myself before I can walk and then once I do, each step feels like my pubic bones are separating...

I feel as though bed rest has been tolerable. I do believe a lot of has to do with the amazing support system around us. Between my Hubs, Mom & Sister (& Candy Crush and NO- I won't link to FB!!) who do so much on a daily basis, mixed in with other friends and family that ALWAYS step in to help them out... I can't complain. Of course I miss my freedoms and fun, but it's paying off... 27w on Weds, and that is a GREAT place to be in! 

All dressed up for Date Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment