Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ummm... so now what?

29w 1d!!

My 29w appt was "uneventful" which is actually what you want every appointment to be like. Hubs picked me up from my Mom's and we headed there. I always do myself up a little any time I leave the house since its only 1 day a week for appts and MAYBE one more time if we go to Starbucks or something.

The twins had a BPP (biophysical profile) scheduled. Basically its an u/s that measures 4 areas and each area can get a most of 2points, with a max total of 8pts. They also keep track how quickly the baby passes/fails the test. I can't remember every  area, but I think its watching the diaphragm "practice" breathing, good levels of amniotic fluid, heartbeats and I think "muscle tone"?? I could be wrong on the last one but I vaguely remember that. Basically they just see that the babies have their limbs tight against their bodies instead of just floating around. Each baby passed, with an A+ in 5mins... 8 points each!! Woo hoo!!! It was by far the fastest u/s to date. I didn't have to get a vag u/s done... the first time in 10 weeks I didn't have to!

We went upstairs and Carol hooked me up to the contraction & fetal monitors. I only contracted twice in 45mins. Which is about normal for me. I usually have 2-3 an hour and sometimes even get 4- but switching positions, peeing, or drinking water helps. My uterus "activity" was all over the place, still pretty irritated even when just sitting still. Dr. G came in and we talked... he said he's happy I'm still pregnant! SO am I thank god! I asked his past experiences with this type of situation... .9cm cervix, funneling,  1-2cm dilated, twins, irritable uterus & contractions. He said that he's had some women go close to full term and other delivered earlier. I imagined that's what he would say, but that does give me more hope regardless. He doesn't want to do any more vag cervical exams bc now that I am 29w I'm getting safer and safer and they don't want to stimulate anything up there. So I guess we just wait... it's been a wait and see since 19w, but at least I was getting monitored regularly so I knew what's going on, but now I don't. For all I know a baby's head is half way down my hotbox and I'm like 5cm dilated with a bulging bag! I'm sure that's NOT The case, but you never know. My labor with Ava progressed so quickly, that I'm nervous for the 2nd time around.

I go back next Weds-30w, WOOHOO!!!!!!!! I'll have a full u/s with lengths and estimated weights of the babies. I can't wait for that!!

The worst part of my days are the nights... I get up to pee about 2-3 times in addition taking my Procardia at 5am, Every time I try to get up it's like I'm sleeping in a tub of cement. I struggle to find the perfect way to sit up. Do you just go for the gusto and sit straight up?!? Everytime I do I feel like my belly becomes a torpedo and is going to explode. Usually I try to prop myself up on my side and slowly swing my legs around to the edge of the bed. It's a scary situation. We all stumble to the bathroom at night, but when you have two bowling balls centered in the front its even harder to find your way. At least one time I bang my knee on to the bed post or elbow on the door frame. I LOVE being pregnant, but I'm starting to imagine myself with the struggles of just getting up to pee.

Its amazing how far we've come in the past 10weeks... when I was 19w and got the first news of my weak cervix I was terrified we were going to lose these babies. I wasn't even thinking ahead. I wasn't thinking much of names, or futures. I was just thinking about heart break. Then days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and now we are only technically 11weeks from our DUE DATE, and 8weeks from Full Term! Can you believe it?! We have less time to go and I couldn't be happier about it! We're getting to the point where we can finally take a breath of relief... although we need to get further along, we're happy!!! I know I'm getting to a good place myself bc I'm starting to think about.. *gulp*     labor.... EEEKKKKKKK! I had a vaginal delivery with Beebs and plan to this time around as well... I just hope I don't have to labor 95% of the time un-medicated this time around... that was rough!

This is an uneventful post, but I'm tired! Goodnight!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment