Friday, July 12, 2013

We hit our next Milestone!!! On to the next!

27w 2d!!!

I get happier and happier when I see how much we are progressing! I didn't get a chance to update Weds appt bc it was a late one and then there was a bad storm rolling through the area. It was bad enough that we had to hold up in the basement! My mom was home alone with Beebs so we didn't want to leave them alone so we drove through all the sirens and eerie skies to get back to my mom's house. Fortunately it blew over in an hour and we went about our day.

Wednesday's appointment was good! The tech we had this week was really funny. We talked a lot during the appointment. At one moment she said here is the tip of her nose and the tips of her lips. Hubs said "where?!" So she showed him again and he said "ooooo I see it now" and then she replied "Do you really or are you just saying that?!" LOL!! The 3 of us laughed so hard about it since she called him out! We FINALLY got face shots of both babies this week. I'm not going to lie, the pics are a little creepy looking, but still beautiful at the same time. As like all weeks both girls looks great. They had strong heartbeats and great measurements. This was a "full ultrasound"- we get them every 3 weeks, where they do all the measurements instead of a "limited u/s" where they just look at a few key areas and move on. Both girls are measuring 28weeks! Baby A was measuring 2lbs 7oz and Baby B was measuring 2lbs 5oz!! The average babies weigh just about 2lbs at this gestation, so that's a great sign for us! If they are born now they are out of the "micro preemie" category! My gf Lyne who is a NICU nurse back in Austin said that once they hit 3lbs, that will make their little journeys easier! We won't get their next estimated weight until I hit 30w. I pray they hold off that long or longer!

As usual, Baby B was all over the place! It's always hard to get her measurements bc she'd rather be dancing and jumping around. They were both head down again this week, but also kinda face up, that's how we were able to get face shots!

My cervical length was measuring stable at 1.9cm. It's been that way since 24w. That's also when I was put on Strict Bed Rest. At least we know that the SBR is working!!!! It's crazy that 3weeks ago things got really scary and even though I'm still measuring the same, its a good sign that it hasn't changed for the worse. My OB appt went pretty quick. I'm up to 205lbs now... wth! I know the babies start gaining more weight, but I need to make some changes. Gaining 2lbs a week is not going to work! How can I say no to ICE CREAM?!?!? :( My Fundal Height (pubic bone to top of Uterus) is measuring at 32w!!! The OB said for twins they like it to be 3-4weeks ahead. No wonder people look at me crazy when I tell them I'm due in October... then I have to add in that I'm expecting twins and I can feel their relief for me! Then its like they realize I said twins and their look of horror turns to sadness for me lol! The thought of twins is still overwhelming for us, but it's even funnier to see others respond... then when we tell them 2 girls and they see our little Beebs, they feel so bad for Marcellus! Haha! It's a big cycle and it cracks me up every time

I go to the Hospital to get my 2nd round of the Celestone (steroid) Shot on Mon and then 24hours later on Tuesday. This is a precaution bc on Weds July 17th I will be admitted for at least 24hours while they take me off the Indocin and put me on Procardia. They want to make sure I don't go into Labor once they take me off the meds- it is currently "relaxing" my Uterus and keeps the contractions at bay. I'm still averaging 2 an hour and they've become a little more intense. Before I would get them and think nothing of it... Now I have to lay back, breathe and relax until it lets up. If I do go into Labor at least I will be at the hospital and had the Steroid Rounds to help the babies out a little more! Obviously I hope they DO NOT make an appearance next week, but at the same time it makes me look forward to adding two more little girls to our family. We may not be "ready" for them like we were for Ava, but it doesn't change the excitement we have!

So now... we look forward to July 17th- 28weeks AND we hope they stay put. Next week is going to be a really big week for us. I think if I can get through the meds switch without going into Labor, these babies will hang on well into the 30+ weeks! Fingers crossed and prayers!

Perhaps we should go through all our stuff from Ava and take inventory. Of course they will need so little at the beginning and most likely have a NICU stay, but if I can't be in control of when they are born, I at least want to be in control of what we have ready for them. Guess we need to start buying a 2nd item of everything we already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment