Saturday, July 20, 2013

Home from the Hospital!

Thursday:: 7/18/13::::::: 28w 1d
It's about 1:15pm and I'm still in the hospital, I was hoping by now I would be at my Mom's sleeping! Yesterday started out as an easy transition. We got checked in around 8:30am and got comfy. I had my first dose of Procardia around 11:30am. Things seemed to go well. Babies looked great on the u/s and I was adjusting well to the meds. I thought I would be able to blog more, but with a "pulse ox" on your finger it makes it hard to type. Plus I was having a lot of overwhelming feeling about everything and not really up for it. I'm going to have to stay another night bc even though things looked good, my blood pressure was really low. I already have low/normal BP, but it got really low. So they hooked me up to the blood pressure cuff and it went off automatically every 30mins last night... ummm... yeah that's not fun. It seemed every time I dozed off into a deep sleep I woke up feeling like someone was giving me an Indian Burn on my bicep and trying to rip my arm off. You can imagine the "panic" I felt during this. I think after about 3hours of it, I was finally able to just sleep through it. The next morning Dr. McD came in to check my vitals and things from the night. It looked as though I contracted a lot and my uterus showed looks of irritability. He ordered a trans vaginal u/s to see if it changed my Cervical Length... low and behold... a new all time low for me .9cm. Take a look at a ruler... that's not much "muscle" to keep 2 babies from falling out of my hotbox. Surprisingly I handled the news well... Maybe actually being in the hospital helped? Dr. M said I needed to stay another night to monitor my BP and also check my length again in the morning.

Saturday July 20th:::::::::: 28w 3d
Ok- so the post is officially "current". I got to come home yesterday. My BP evened out back to my normal readings. I had another u/s and my length is still the same at .9cm. Dr. M said that I'm free to go home. I'm still contracting, but not regularly and my Uterus is still very irritable, but there isn't anything else that can really be done right now. I'm only on 60mg of Procardia a day instead of 80mg bc of the Blood Pressure issue. I am 1-2cm dilated as well. Usually that's not a huge deal, but since my "cervix is trying to do something, it means something"- Dr. M. Being that I'm not in active labor they decided I would be better off to get my rest at home. If labor does come on full circle they will try to postpone it was a Magnesium drip. I'm just hoping I keep these little Tweebs in as long as possible!  When I got back to my Mom's, I wasn't feeling very well. After getting things situated I laid down for a nap... I remember Hubs coming in to give my next dose of Procardia, although I felt like I was dreaming the whole thing. I slept almost 5hours! Afterwards I still wasn't feeling well... I'm not sure if was the meds, lack of sleep or thoughts of everything (probably a combo of all), but I just couldn't get myself together. I ended up having a crying moment for no reason... I think I just needed it. This is all so overwhelming. We had a visit from a NICU nurse and that was great, but also scary. I'm still just trying to wrap my head around everything... when I was this "thin" or effaced with Ava, I had her exactly a week later. Mind you I was still working full time and doing stuff around the house and was always out and about... but this time I have two babies in there! I have more details about my hospital stay, but for now I just wanted to give yall a quick update.

I'm currently on my mom's couch... getting ready to head up to bed and I feel SO HOT... no one in the house is hot. I don't have much clothes on. I'm hydrated & relaxing and no temp. It makes me uneasy bc I had a fever when I was in labor with Ava. I'm hoping its just another minimal side effect of the new meds. Owell... I need some rest.

Thank you for all your concerns, thoughts, prayers, texts, etc while I was in the Hospital! We're all hanging in there and babies are getting bigger, stronger and healthier by the day!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment