Saturday, September 28, 2013

Home... Alone.... & Hubs Birthday!

Monday was supposed to be my first day Home Alone with the Tweebs & Beebs. Marcellus had gotten a bad cold so he decided he should stay home Monday to let it runs its course before getting thrown back into the Corporate America gig. This helped me establish a plan for the next day to come.

Tuesday 9/24 was also Hub's Birthday... I felt so ambitious. You'll probably think I'm crazy & delusional, but the day really could not have been any more perfect. I knew it would be a good day. I can adjust, I can do this. I don't need to be a sad greasy mess. I can be a clean happy organized person. Its ok I'm tired. I'll find time to take a nap. .

I had to feed the babies around 5:30am and finished a little after 6am. After feeding them both, changing diapers, burping, reswaddling & pumping some milk, I went downstairs, made some coffee, ate a delicious blueberry muffin, washed bottles & pump parts and went upstairs. Hubs was still home so I showered... and WASHED MY HAIR. We put the babies downstairs. At night I sleep in Swiss' room so Hubs can get rest since he's back to work... before you say anything, it was MY IDEA. I can handle this on my own and if I can't, I'll go wake him up. He's the one bringing in the checks so I need him as rested as possible. Plus I look forward to sleeping in on the weekends now ;)

I got situated downstairs and then Ava woke up around 8:30am. It felt great not being awoken from a deep or light sleep. Since the girls were already situated, as well as myself it made for an easy morning. I got her some milk and we snuggled on the couch watching Elmo... the kid won't watch a full episode of Sesame Street, she only wants to see Elmo, which his gig is usually the last 20mins of the show so I usually have to DVR and fast forward to either "Elmo's World" or "Elmo the Musical"... she tends to like the Musical ones more. Lately she hasn't wanted to eat breakfast right away, so she's usually up for a good 30mins before she's ready to eat. I nursed the girls while she ate waffles & fruit. My nips are still a little sensitive and every time Lola latches on its like a tiger on a zebra. I wince in pain until she gets her latch. When Ava was done I held Mila a little longer until I could tell Ava wanted to play and then I put her back in the Rock n Play. Soon after we went and got her dressed.

We sat on the floor and played, wrestled and watched TV. Right before lunch we decided to paint daddy a picture for his birthday. I got all over achiever on myself and made a pinterest inspiration. I put paint on the girls' feet and arranged them into a "heart" shape. It turned out really cute. I'll try and post a pic. Then we made him a card too. Ava had more paint on her body, but she was having a good time so it didn't matter. Plus she loved sitting in her chair "nakey" (sans shirt). While she painted I snuck in a quick feeding for the babies. Ava LOVES helping her sisters. She always wants to stand and help me change their diapers. Even if the supplies are handy to me I ask for her help so she feels involved. She always wants to see their poop. When I show her she says "ewwwww" and laughs so hard. She finds their poop so funny! She also runs empty bottles into the kitchen and drops them in the sink without being asked. She covers her sissies in kisses. Sometimes its a little much, but I'd rather have over affection then her being mean with them.

When I was still pregnant Ava LOVED to kiss my belly & her sissies. We had Mila's name picked out first so Ava always knew that was a name. Then we decided on Lola and I said... what are your sisters names? and she said... "Dorothy"... WHAT?? We started cracking up. Dorothy is Elmo's Pet Fish! Still to this day if you ask her what her sisters names are she will say Mila & Dorothy. She refuses to say Lola!

After our painting project I made us some lunch. We both had PB&J & fruit. She had broccoli (her FAVE) & I had some chips. After lunch I took her up for her nap. She went down easy as usual. I got to spend some extra time hugging and snuggling the girls. Ava slept about 2 hours so I got in some good quality time. It definitely is harder to spread the love, especially with two more babies as opposed to one, but I do what I can. I think right now, Ava gets the most because we're all she's known. I don't want her to feel like these little girls take her mommy & daddy away anymore than they already do.

Ava woke up refreshed. We ate a snack out on the back deck just the two of us. Then we went back in and played in the living room some more. Since it was Hubs Birthday, I made plans for my Aunt Mary to come over and hang with the girls until my Mom got off work. I wanted to take Hubs out for dinner! Mary got there a little after 5. Ava adores her like no other. I got all cute, hair, make up, clothes... it felt great! Hubs got home about 5:30 and had no idea what we were doing. I didn't have anything special planned, just a night alone. After I pumped, we fed the babies and then left. We drove past a House Rental first, but that was short lived bc we weren't thrilled with the area.

I gave Hubs 3 suggestions for dinner, all different cuisines. He chose Bonefish Grill (seafood), a place neither of us have been too before. We both ordered a Margarita... my first real (strong) drink!!!!! OMG it was amazing... it warmed my throat going down. Just as I remember, my favorite type of drink. The first one went down pretty easy and smooth... Hubs ordered another round and the 2nd, just as delicious and strong as the first was a little harder to finish. I think the "warming" sensation was traveling too fast through my body! I was definitely buzzed. The food was great. The company was great. The conversation was great. I missed that so much. Even when I was still pregnant I don't think we had a date night just the two of us since being in Ohio. We talked, laughed and flirted. I love that things picked up right where they left off during all the craziness over the last 5+ months.

We were talking about the girls and about when Ava was born. Soon Hubs had his phone out pulling up old pics of her when she was just born. We laughed and both talked about the pics. Where we were, what we were doing. It was such a great night. A little after 8pm we decided we should head home, plus my boobs were starting to over run my shirt. Only one thing could have added to the night to make it more perfect but we still have quite a bit of time before that's allowed ;)

We had such a great night and much needed one on one time in a quiet atmosphere. The restaurant was so busy that night, but it truly felt like we were just there alone. When we got engaged everyone always said... Things will change when you get married, just wait. They were right, but it changed for the better. Then they said things will change when we have kids... they were right again, but it changed for the better once again... we might have had a rough summer trying to get ourselves situated and on track, but we never lost site of ourselves and the reason we're here, together. Despite my stresses and worries whether it was about the babies or finances, I always felt as if my husband still loved me the same if not more and vice versa. We've been through a lot and things are already looking up. I made out in the Husband lottery... he's not perfect, I'm not perfect, we're not perfect, but we love each other beyond measure and that can get you through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment